Form 4 had a fantastic time at Carroty Wood at the end of April. For three days their home was Chestnut Loft where they shared rooms and bunk beds with their friends, ate all their meals together and even had to wash and dry up for each other.
They were kept very busy doing activities such as abseiling down a large wooden tower, swimming, taking the petrifying ‘leap of faith’ in the high ropes course, racing on pedal karts, navigating a very wet and muddy low ropes course, scoring the highest points in archery, making the strongest bridge out of paper and playing a variety of games. They also made dens in the woods, collected fire wood and toasted marshmallows on a camp fire which had blue and green flames!
They all came home very dirty and exhausted but having had a truly challenging, fun and memorable time.
This is what they had to say about it:
- I loved everything but my three favourite activities were archery, pedal karting and the campfire because they were cool – Abigail
- The best thing in Carroty Wood was pedal karting – Alejandro
- I enjoyed getting a bull’s eye in archery and sleeping with my mates – Charlie
- I liked everything about Carroty Wood – Chloe
- I liked everything especially pedal karting – Christopher
- The best thing about Carroty Wood was the campfire because we could enjoy the fun activity for two hours and we were singing lots of fun songs – Edward
- My favourite part of Carroty Wood was facing my fears and trying something new – Erin
- I liked everything and they helped me not be scared of heights – Immanuel
- I liked everything but I liked abseiling the most – James
- The best thing about Carroty Wood was conquering my fears especially high ropes, abseiling and pedal karting – Jessie
- I liked everything about Carroty Wood – it was amazing! – Karolina
- I liked everything especially the pedal karting because we could do really fun games – Louis
- I liked everything in Carroty Wood especially abseiling because I liked the bit where we went backwards – Michael
- The best thing about Carroty Wood is the high ropes because it was very exciting, especially when I faced my fear – Nillasha
- One of the best things I enjoyed was scraping my bottom on the mud in low ropes – Shaan P
- The thing that I enjoyed the most was archery because it was very fun and we tried to get the most points – Shaan Pr
- The best thing was when Nillasha and I played ‘It’ in the pool – Shreya
- I really liked Carroty Wood, nothing is better than spending three days there. Everything was really cool. It was really fun when I got stuck in a puddle. The singing was ridiculous at the camp fire. Altogether I loved it! – Sophie
- I liked everything at Carroty Wood especially when we toasted marshmallows because they were gooey and tasted lovely – Suraya
- The best part of Carroty Wood was the leap of faith because I went upside down – Theo
- I really liked going with my friends and being on the high ropes at such a great height – Tulsi
Photos from their action-packed trip can be viewed in the Gallery.